Fellow member Ed Alston is the proud uncle of Canadian Idol’s Top Three Finalist, Drew Wright. Please help show your support for Drew by voting! Below you will find the scheduled air dates for the upcoming shows. Check out Canadian Idol’s website for more information at http://www.ctv.ca/idol/gen/Home.html
Support Drew by casting your vote!
There are two ways you can vote for your favourite competitors on Canadian Idol. Each competitor will be assigned his or her own toll-free number (e.g. 1-866-9-IDOL-01 for Competitor #1, or 1-866-9-IDOL-02 for Competitor #2) during the performance shows. In addition, each competitor will also be assigned their own six-digit number for you to text message your vote (e.g. 436501 (IDOL01) for Competitor #1, 436502 (IDOL02) for Competitor #2).
To vote, simply watch Canadian Idol each week on CTV and after the broadcast is over, dial the toll-free phone number of the competitor for whom you wish to vote. Or, if you are a TELUS mobile subscriber, you can send a text message with the word VOTE to the six-digit number that relates to your favourite competitor. Text voting is charged at standard text message rates. Voting will open at the end of the performance show and remain open for two hours following the broadcast in your region, subject to time zone restrictions.
Monday, September 1 at 9pm ET/9pm PT – Top 3 Perform
Tuesday, September 2 at 8pm ET/8pm PT – Top 3 Results
Monday, September 8 at 9pm ET/9pm PT – Top 2 Perform
You may have noticed a transaction labled SYS TEST on your most recent statement we would like to let our members know that this was a computer driven test transaction. If you have any questions please give us a call at 416-542-2522.
Participants turned out for a day of fun and adventure at the TEUCU Annual Golf Day (In Memory of Terry Godfrey) held at the beautiful Lakeridge Links Golf Course on August 11th. We would like to thank all for attending as well as the hole sponsors who contributed to our success: CRI Canada, Standard Life, The Personal Insurance, Nigel Watson Law Offices, Central 1, CUPE Local 1, CUPE Local 2, Toronto Hydro, and Toronto Hydro Club. We would also like to thank all who have donated prizes and contributed in other ways, our organizers Greg Hartley and John Dolby, Comprehensive Benefit Solutions Ltd, Concentra Financial, CreativeWebs.ca, CUETS-MasterCard, CUPE Local 1, CUPE Local 2, Toronto Hydro, Toronto Hydro Club, CRI Canada, Mrs. Godfrey, Ms. Smurlick, Mr. Tabuchi, Mr. King and our retired artist Mr. Hawley. We hope to see you all again next year! Thanks to those generous members who bought raffle tickets, we were able to raise $1530 for a worthwhile cause, the United Way. Don’t forget to check out the pictures posted on our website under “events” on the homepage!
6. Ron Wood – The Rolling Stones
You could probably put every one of the Stones on this list, but Ronny tends to get off easy because he’s always standing next to Keith “walking corpse” Richards and Mick “walking pair of wrinkled lips and other wrinkled stuff” Jagger.
5. Phil Spector – Producer/(alleged) murderer
A little advice for Mr. Spector: If you’re going to wear a wig to your court appearance, don’t steal it from Estelle Getty.
4. Alice Cooper
When you’re an 18-year old rock and roll star, you need a bit of makeup to add those sinister dark circles around your eyes. When you’re a 60-year old recovering alcoholic with stringy hair who plays in Pro-Am golf tournaments all day long, those circles are there whether you put on makeup or not.
3. Roger Daltrey – The Who
In 1965 Roger Daltrey sang, “I hope I die before I get old.” He did not.
2. Tom Keifer – Cinderella
While this guy’s looks alone could land him in a “Musicians Who Look Like Old Ladies” list, it’s the fact that he is STILL clinging to the 1980s hair metal look that pushed him up this high on the list. If there’s one thing my grandmother shared with bands like Cinderella, Poison and Ratt, it was a love of long flowing scarves, oversized glasses and weirdly-shaped hair.
1. Simon Phillips – Toto (he was the drummer)
I didn’t think you could just waltz into any hair salon and just ask for “The Grandma.” But apparently when you’re the drummer for Toto, the rules don’t apply to you.
They say being a good dancer will get you more chicks….but DDR impresses chicks even more than dancing.
If you’ve been to Yonge and Dundas in the last few days you may have noticed that a new set of street light signals have been installed that face out into the middle of the intersection. Once the hoods are lifted in late August, these signals will be directing pedestrians across Toronto’s first “scramble” intersection.
Below is the famous Tokyo scramble intersection at Shibuya.
” Please be advised that TEUCU will be closed on Monday September 1, 2008. We will reopen on Tuesday September 2, 2008. TEUCU’s CyberBanker and Telephone Teller are accessable 24/7. Please call for activation if you have not already done so.
1. Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!
2. A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.
3. Honesty may be the best policy, but it’s important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
4. If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
5. No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it.
6. The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”
7. The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
8. Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.
9.. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.
10. I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
11. By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
12. Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?
13. Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”?
14. I don’t like to think of laws as rules you have to follow, but more as suggestions.
15. One great thing about getting old is that you can get out of all sorts of social obligations just by saying you’re too tired.
16. “One thing leads to another”? Not always. Sometimes one thing leads to the same thing. Ask an addict.
17. The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
18. If all our national holidays were observed on Wednesdays, we could wind up with nine-day weekends.
19. “Meow” means “woof” in cat.
20. Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
21. “No comment” is a comment.
22. So far, this is the oldest I’ve been.
23. I think I am, therefore, I am. I think.
24. I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights.
25. Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.
Rest in Peace George!
Don Ellis and Stephanie Bernardo were selected by the Grant committee from the many worthy applicants. These winners both represent all that TEUCU strives to achieve. Optimizing yourself sometimes starts with one small step and we at TEUCU would like to help encourage our members to start that journey of personal growth.If you missed this year, don’t forget to participate next year! If you would like more information about either our MySELF Optimizer Grant or our Essential life Skills Grant, please visit our website at www.teucu.com and click on “Our Imprint”.